So here it is the last Sunday of summer before school starts. Here are some thoughts about this time:
1. My oldest child starts Kindergarten in two days. He is super excited and since he has gone to preschool I don't think it will be too hard on me. However, he did tell me the other day "You know mom, you can just drop me at the door on the first day of school. You don't need to walk me in." Silly boy, he isn't taking that away from me!
2. My baby boy will turn 1 in less than two weeks and I have no idea what I am doing for his birthday. I think it is on the 31st, I am sure there will be cake, and I hope our family will be able to make it!
3. My brother-in-law Tim is leaving in September for a tour of duty in Iraq. He is stationed at Ft. Hood in Killeen, TX and is married to a great gal named Erin and they have two beautiful girls, Jadelin who will be 8 in October and Maddie will be 6 the last week of August.
4. It feels like the summer both crawled and flew by. I am the type of gal who hates a schedule but desperately needs one in order to accomplish anything productive. I guess I am looking forward to the schedule of school, not really mine but I will take what little help I can get!
5.I am the product of a full time stay at home mom. My mom was the neighborhood mom, homemade snacks after school, laundry always done, home cooked meals almost every night unless it was a really special occasion. I am not a stay at home mom, I am a work from home mom, there is a huge difference. We eat out a lot or go frozen, our laundry is very rarely completely done (though I have often said that unless you do laundry naked, laundry is never really done!), my dishes pile up daily, and I won't even go into what the rest of my house looks like....although currently the bathroom is pretty much spotless. Isaiah is independently mobile which for all those non-parents out there, that means he can no longer be left in a room without supervision. Zeke is 5 which means that he considers me his main avenue of entertainment so between the two this summer was filled with more stay at home than work from home, yet somehow we managed to still be behind on cooking and cleaning!
6.It's time for me to finish up as I doubt very many people are going to see this post anyway. If you are reading this, thank you. Stay posted, there will be more to come.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment