So Zeke started Kindergarten on Tuesday at my elementary alma mater, St. Gregory's, in Maryville. I have already posted on his first day adventures and how I couldn't do anything right for a couple days. Today I am going to share some things that Zeke has learned so far:
1. If you lay down on th carpet during circle time you don't get to play on the computer during free play.
2. You have to participate in every single class no matter what, (when it was time to go downstairs for computers he told Mrs. W that he didn't want to go because he's "just not really into that!").
3. It is not polite to sit on a classmates' head...even if said classmate was acting like a puppy and burrows up under you. If this happens you have to sit out part of recess!
4. If #3 does occur (or anything else that warrants lost recess time) Mrs. W will wait with you at walker/rider time so she can talk to your mom directly.
5. When your dad tells you to have a great day and reminds you to act right at school or you will get a spanking when he gets home, believe him, he's not lying! Also that waiting for dad to get home for the spanking is worse than the actual spanking itself!
6. Finally, when at mass sometimes Fr. Martin asks the children questions during his homily. When he asks the question "During this school year, what kind of treasure are you hunting for, what do you hunger for?" The answer is "knowledge or wisdom" and definitely NOT "I think hunting for squirrel is a pretty good treasure!" Yep, that was Zeke's response in front of 60 other children, 10 faculty and several older parishoners!
All in all it has been a pretty Zeke focused week. Isaiah is doing wonderfully. He is on breathing treatments due to allergies and kind of has snot everywhere, I think he might be working on some teeth as well. He is getting really good and walking around things and has been letting go to stand alone as well. Just a few more weeks and I bet he will be off and running!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment