Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Stop Following Me!"

Zeke got right up and around this morning with no trouble for his first day of Kindergarten. He wore new shoes, new socks and new underwear! I did remember to take a picture of him all put together with his backpack on before we left the house. It will be fun to compare those pictures as we go through his life. He seems so big now compared to two years ago when he started preschool but I know he will look so small compared to how he will look when he starts 8th grade!

So he begrudgingly allowed us to walk him into school today but apparently I wasn't clear that I would be walking him to his actual classroom. This explains why he turned abruptly at the stairs and said, "Stop following me!" And again I wasn't clear when I said, "Zeke, I am walking you to your room!" which is why he looked at us again when we got to the door of his room and said, "Okay mom, have a great day!" And finally it was my fault again when I said, "No, Zeke, all the way into your room to make sure you have everything you need" and he said to me "Okay mom, but tomorrow I'm doin' all this by myself, right?" So obviously the problem was with my communication abilities, not his, right?

He had a great day, ate all his lunch and even went back for seconds. Then he repremanded me for not sending his lunch with him today. Apparently I have hit the "I can't do anything right stage" with him. Last week it was my choice of jewelry (for myself), over the weekend it was my driving, and today it was school. Sheesh, when will I get my poop in a group for him?

Tomorrow I head to see my business mentor and future National Sales Director Kay Dickerson in North Central Missouri. I am thrilled to be in this business with her and can't wait to have the opportunity to strategize with her tomorrow.

I think that's about it for today, I am sure there will be more Zeke-isms to come with the adventure of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment