Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter Doldrums


I don't even know if that is how you spell doldrums, but who cares, it's cold outside! Yesterday was a snow day, AGAIN, which started with me picking Zeke up at 9:45 on Friday because I thought it would be best to go ahead and get him rather than waiting the 3 extra hours for school to let out so they could count the whole day. This added to yesterday meant that we basically had two 4 day weekends in a row! Great for Zeke, not so much for me. I am a work from home mom because I want the flexibility to be with my kids when they need me but I am not a stay at home mom because I value my sanity! I think it's a good thing for kids to miss their parents a little bit as well as good for me to miss them a little bit too!

So I spent the day doing laundry and dishes between being serenaded by Zeke singing his original song "Chinchillas and Nature". Keep in mind that he has a bit of a lisp when he makes the "ch" sound so he kind of sounds like Donald Duck....so I actually love to hear him say words like chinchilla! Isaiah was like a fart in a whirlwind and I finally had to take his glasses away from him last night because he bent them pretty badly.

Which reminds me that you may not know that he has glasses. He is 17 months old...and we can't hardly keep shoes on the child....but he has glasses! And he looks absolutely adorable! We noticed him going cross-eyed at the beginning of the year and it was confirmed that he is indeed far-sighted and has a mild astigmatism in his right eye. The far-sightedness is pretty severe so he won't totally grow out of it. I am looking for glasses made out of a pliable material so I don't have to make weekly trips to the Optician to get these fixed. If anyone has any ideas on this I would welcome them!

Isaiah has also discovered music and loves to dance and move to the beat. Unfortunately he has my skills...not that Adam's skills would be any better!

That's about it for now. I know there is more I could share but I really have to get going. I have an order waiting at home that needs to be sorted and delivered and it ain't gonna do it by itself. Happy Tuesday everybody! Make it a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment