Okay, so we gave up on the cute little wire framed glasses that we originally got for Isaiah. I mean, who would think it was a good idea to give an 18 month old glasses like that? I could see the trouble from a mile away and was proven right with our 3 trips in two weeks to get things fixed on them. The last time included replacing the whole right temple because it was bent beyond repair.
Enter saving grace Aunt Jenni, who hasn't even seen the poor kid in his glasses because I keep taking them away from him to keep them from being destroyed. A few months ago Jenni started following the blog of a couple out in NC who has a very unique story. In a nutshell, thw wife has cystic fibrosis and while preparing for a double lung transplant in the summer of 2007 discovered that she was pregnant. Their daughter, Gwyneth, was born super early (like 26 weeks) while mom was in an induced coma to reduce the stress on the pregnancy and her own body. Taking the baby early like that was the only way to give either of them a chance at surviving. Read more at http://www.cfhusband.blogspot.com . It is a really cool blog and they are a totally cool little family. Anyway, due to Gwyneth's developmental delays she has had glasses for a very long time. Jenni emailed the dad and asked where they got her glasses and he sent us to the Miraflex Frames website.
These frames are so totally cool. They have no metal components (and no choking hazards) and are one fluid piece of a nylon/plastic blend. They can be run over by a car...not great on the lenses but the frames would be fine! That is what I need for my little bull in a china cabinet! The frames came in on Friday and we stopped in to check them out. We put them on him and he didn't necessarily wear them any better than the others but when he ripped them off his face it was no biggie because they can't be broken! Amazing...and I hope other parents will be able to take advantage of these frames from Dr. Poynter because I know a few other little ones in the area that could use a more durable frame. The lenses have been ordered and hopefully we will have them by the end of the week. And the best part? We got to return the other set of glasses since they didn't work for us and so we won't have to pay for the new set! Sometimes I really love insurance!
I will try to add a picture once we get the frames back in. So stay tuned for more super cute spectacle news!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment